- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb pork butt, cubed
- 1 lb bacon, chopped to 1 ½ inch
- 1 T. fennel
- 1 T. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 t. kosher salt
- ¾ t. red pepper flakes
- ½ C. white wine
- Soak 12 – 16 feet of hog casing in water, rinse to remove excess salt.
- Combine all ingredients except wine in a bowl, mix and chill for 1 hour.
- Coarsely grind seasoned meat, add wine and mix well.
- Stuff ground meat into hog casing, avoiding air bubbles.
- After all the meat has been used, twist the sausage into hand width lengths, chill for about an hour to set then cut to separate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More