- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large green peppers
- 1.25 pds. ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 28 oz. favorite pizza sauce (I use Contadina)
- 1 envelope (0.7oz) dry Italian seasoning mix ( I use Good Seasons)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 3 Tbls. grated Parmesan cheese (or a little more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef and drain. Return to skillet and add cooked white rice, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning mix, 1 cup of shredded Italian cheese and 2 Tbls. grated Parmesan cheese. Simmer 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the tops off of the green peppers and cut pepper in half from the top. Clean out seeds and inside. Use the remaining Tbls. Parmesan cheese and dust the inside of all pepper halves.
- Fill peppers with beef mixture and lay on baking sheet. Top each pepper with remaining shredded Italian cheese. Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until cheese has browned.
NotesThis was my mom's Stuffed Green Pepper recipe but I tweaked it so much it is now my recipe. My 9 year old daughter said "I love when you make pepper cups", so that is where I got the name for the recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Christmas CookiesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More