- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (I used homemade that I had in the freezer)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the tops off of peppers and clean out seeds and membranes. Place in baking dish that has a small amount of water on the bottom (it will keep the peppers from sticking and keep them moist).
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic, crumbling the meat. Season with salt, pepper and a couple of dashes of Italian seasoning. Drain beef mixture.
- Mix beef mixture, rice, parmesan cheese and almost all of spaghetti sauce in a bowl.
- Stuff an equal amount of filling into each pepper.
- Top with a spoonful of sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on each pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- What I Would Do Differently
- The peppers were still pretty raw when they came out of the oven, so next time I would boil them quickly to get them started before stuffing them and baking them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More