- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (I used homemade that I had in the freezer)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the tops off of peppers and clean out seeds and membranes. Place in baking dish that has a small amount of water on the bottom (it will keep the peppers from sticking and keep them moist).
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic, crumbling the meat. Season with salt, pepper and a couple of dashes of Italian seasoning. Drain beef mixture.
- Mix beef mixture, rice, parmesan cheese and almost all of spaghetti sauce in a bowl.
- Stuff an equal amount of filling into each pepper.
- Top with a spoonful of sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on each pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- What I Would Do Differently
- The peppers were still pretty raw when they came out of the oven, so next time I would boil them quickly to get them started before stuffing them and baking them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
My Family Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More