- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ packet dry Italian Dressing Salad Seasoning Mix (save ½ packet for later in recipe)
- ½ teaspoon dry basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 6 slices Muenster cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls
- enough butter and garlic salt for the inside of each bun
- Mix ground beef and seasonings in medium bowl until well blended. Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill over medium heat or cook in nonstick skillet 3 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- Spread butter on the inside of each roll and sprinkle with garlic salt. Place on grill, buttered side down and grill until toasted, about 2 minutes, depending on your grill. We grilled our buns on high heat, checking frequently.
- Top each burger evenly with marinara and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining Italian dressing seasoning mix and cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
NotesMy dilemma when salsarose posted this recipe on TOH was that I already have a Pizza Burger Slider recipe but the ingredients are so different! I really wanted to make this recipe so I just made regular size burgers and added a few things and they were delicious! Instead of regular hamburger buns, I bought a pack of freshly made hamburger rolls from the Walmart bakery and they were yummy!
This burger has so much flavor and is one of the tastiest burgers I've ever had! I love, love, love Barilla Marinara and that is my go to marinara for everything! DH says I should even use it as spaghetti sauce when I make spaghetti!
These were gobbled down! Gone! Nothing left!