- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Pilgrims Pride EggsPlus eggs
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 4 large oval slices sourdough bread
- 4 large spinach leaves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- In 12-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Break and slip each egg individually into pan. Break yolk.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- Turn eggs to cook both sides.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons pesto sauce on one side of each slice of bread.
- Cut each slice in half.
- On 4 half-slices of bread with pesto side facing up, layer spinach leaves, a slice of cheese, a cooked egg, and a slice of tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Top with another half-slice of bread, pesto side facing tomato.
- Using remaining pesto, spread 2 teaspoons on outside of each bread slice.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat.
- Place panini on grill.
- Cook until bread is toasted.
- Turn over carefully and repeat for second side.
- Hint: Panini are equally delicious cooked over medium heat in nonstick skillet until lightly browned on each side.
NotesSource: American Egg Council
Product: Pilgrim's Pride Eggs
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More