- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Pilgrims Pride EggsPlus eggs
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto sauce, divided
- 4 large oval slices sourdough bread
- 4 large spinach leaves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- In 12-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Break and slip each egg individually into pan. Break yolk.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- Turn eggs to cook both sides.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons pesto sauce on one side of each slice of bread.
- Cut each slice in half.
- On 4 half-slices of bread with pesto side facing up, layer spinach leaves, a slice of cheese, a cooked egg, and a slice of tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Top with another half-slice of bread, pesto side facing tomato.
- Using remaining pesto, spread 2 teaspoons on outside of each bread slice.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat.
- Place panini on grill.
- Cook until bread is toasted.
- Turn over carefully and repeat for second side.
- Hint: Panini are equally delicious cooked over medium heat in nonstick skillet until lightly browned on each side.
NotesSource: American Egg Council
Product: Pilgrim's Pride Eggs
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More