- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryThis is a very good meatloaf recipe that has an Italian twist! It originally comes from Allrecipes.com and was submitted by Stefanie Sierk.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and ketchup.
- Season with Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, diced tomatoes and cheese.
- Press into a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan, and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 160 F.