- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 slices
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Mama Mary’s 12 inch Thin & Crispy Gourmet Pizza Crust
- Olive oil to mist the crust
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 ounces Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Fennel-Italian Sausage, casings removed, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 12 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Line a vented pizza pan or large baking sheet with parchment baking paper that has been trimmed so edges do not hang over the pan or touch the oven wall, mist the crust with olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil; continue to heat for about a minute until the oil is hot, swirl the pan to coat. Add the red onion and salt, sauté, stirring often until the onion is deeply caramelized. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pizza crust; evenly layer with Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, red onion mixture, sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and Parmesan Cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425° F. Keeping pizza on the pan bake for 8 minutes. To crisp the crust remove from the parchment-lined pan and place directly on the oven rack for 3 additional minutes.
- Cool before slicing.
NotesItalian Style Pizza Pie, Mama Mary Winner 2007
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The NourishFull Kitchen
My Family CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More