- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 48 mussels (3 to 4 lbs.), scrubbed and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped, or 1-1/2 cups drained chopped canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- De-beard the mussels if necessary.
- Heat the oil and garlic over medium heat in a 4 to 5-quart saucepan for about 3 minutes, but do not brown the garlic. Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every minute or two, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the wine and stir. Put the mussels in the saucepan. Cover and steam them for about 10 minutes over medium to high heat, until the mussels open. Discard an unopened mussels.
- Divide the mussels among 4 bowls. Stir saucepan contents to combine and ladle it over the mussels. Sprinkle the mussels with pepper and the parsley. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More