- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3 layer spongecake, approximately 3/4 inch thick and 9 inch diameter
- 1 cup rum
- 2 cups fruit preserves
- 4 cups vanilla or chocolate custard
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup assorted fruits
- Place one layer of spongecake on large serving platter and sprinkle with 1/2 cup rum, spread it with one cup of your favorite fruit preserves.
- Pour two cups of the custard over the preserves.
- On this, place the second layer of spongecake and spread with same amount of preserves and custard (no rum).
- Add the third layer of cake and impregnate with remaining rum.
- Top with whipped cream and candied fruit.
NotesThis recipe we found in "Cooking with Flair" The Princess Cruises cook book.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More