- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3 layer spongecake, approximately 3/4 inch thick and 9 inch diameter
- 1 cup rum
- 2 cups fruit preserves
- 4 cups vanilla or chocolate custard
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1/2 cup assorted fruits
- Place one layer of spongecake on large serving platter and sprinkle with 1/2 cup rum, spread it with one cup of your favorite fruit preserves.
- Pour two cups of the custard over the preserves.
- On this, place the second layer of spongecake and spread with same amount of preserves and custard (no rum).
- Add the third layer of cake and impregnate with remaining rum.
- Top with whipped cream and candied fruit.
NotesThis recipe we found in "Cooking with Flair" The Princess Cruises cook book.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Nick's PicksSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More