- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 medium onion
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 lg carrot
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 lb spinach, chopped
- ½ cup pasta (acini di pepe)*
- 4 oz cornstarch
- 1 lb mini meatballs, cooked
- Basil to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb chicken, cooked, diced
- Dice the onions, celery and carrots into ¼ inch squares.
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot until nearly smoking hot.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots and garlic.
- Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken stock and the spinach.
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, then add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with cold water to a smooth consistency. Add the cornstarch mixture to the simmering liquid.
- Add the meatballs, the seasoning and the chicken and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
Notes*ACINI DE PEPE [ah-CHEE-nee dee PAY-pay] - tiny peppercorn-shaped pasta.