- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage sliced into coins
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup green pepper strips
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flower
- 2-1/4 cups of milk
- 2 cups or 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 cups or 8 oz cut ziti uncooked
- In a 4 quart sauce pan brown sausage; remove from pan and drain off fat.
- Melt butter and cook mushrooms peppers and onions until tender but not brown.
- Blend flour into vegetables mix; gradually stir in milk.
- Cook; stirring constantly over med-low heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Blend 1-1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, parm cheese and pepper until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cook ziti to directions on box and drain.
- Stir ziti and sausage into the cheese and vegitable mix.
- Then pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake covered and 350 for 30 minutes.
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More