- Cooking Time: 40 minutes in oven
- Servings: 6-7 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 4 zucchini)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ( 1 stick) unsalted butter or margarine or 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or Muenster
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 homemade pie crust (to fit inside 10-inch-round casserole) or 2 to 3 8-ounce rolls Pillsbury croissant dough
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, sauté the zucchini and onion in the butter until zucchini is softened and onions are translucent.
- Stir in the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and mustard, then add the zucchini/onion mixture.
- Spread the pie crust across the bottom and up the sides of a casserole dish or baking dish that has been lightly greased.
- If using the croissant dough, roll it out on a lightly floured surface and roll to pie crust thickness.
- Carefully lift it into the dish and press across the bottom and up the sides.
- Pour zucchini mixture into the crust and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil for last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- I cheated and used a bought pie crust. I used the dried basil and oregano but fresh would be wonderful.
- This would be great to serve with a nice salad.
NotesFound this recipe in a QVC cookbook I bought. This is one of Bob Bowersox' recipes and I know you will love it. It makes a great side-dish or vegetable entree as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More