- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Chicken thighs - skin on
- 1 Box Pomi Strained Tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives - with seeds
- 1/4 cup capers
- 5 cloves diced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Splash dry white wine
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over med-high, heat large dutch oven coated in olive oil. Salt and pepper chicken and once pot it hot, place chicken skin side down to cook. Do NOT touch the chicken for 5-7 minutes. The chicken skin should be browned and slightly sticking to the pan to leave nice flavor on the bottom. Turn and brown other side.
- Add garlic, basil, olive, and capers to chicken. Let sautee for 5 minutes, do not burn garlic. Splash white wine in.
- Add strained tomatoes, add more salt to taste. Turn down heat, cover and simmer till tomatoes reduce - apx 15-20 minutes. This dish can simmer for longer if you are preparing a larger dinner party...it only get's better!
- Scrape bottom, stir and ladel the chicken covered with the sauce into serving dish. Garnish with lemon zest and serve alongside simply prepared pasta. Don't forget the lemon zest...it makes it PERFECT
NotesI learned a variation of this recipie while I was living in Southern Italy at a cooking school. But upon returning home, I had to spend quite a bit of time looking for the right ingredients to make the perfect flavor. I have made this dish for 2 people, and for 20. I have NEVER had anyone say they didn't like it and even better...it's done in ONE POT!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More