- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 350gr bread flour
- 1 L. Russet potato
- 1 T. Dry yeast
- 1/2 t. Salt, kosher
- 1 C. Potato water
- 1 L. Egg, beaten, with 1 t. water.
- Peel the potato cover with water and simmer for about an hour, add water to cover if needed.
- Place a casserole half full of hot water on the floor of a cold oven, turn oven on to it’s lowest setting for 5 minutes.
- Sift 200gr flour and dry ingredients together in a mixer bowl.
- When potato is fork tender remove from water, rice the potato directly into the flour mixture, mix on low with a flat beater to incorporate.
- Replace the flat beater with a dough hook. Add 1 cup of potato water and mix, add 1/4 C. flour at a time until a shaggy mass has formed.
- Add sprinkles of flour as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
- The water will need to be between 120º and 130º F to activate the yeast.
- Once a dough ball has formed, increase mixer speed to medium and knead for 10 minutes.
- Place mixer bowl in the oven and let rise for 1-1/2 hours.
- Push the dough down then knead for 10 minutes.
- Return dough to oven and let rise 1 hour.
- Push dough down then knead for 5 minutes, set aside to rest for 10 minutes before shaping.
- Pre-heat oven to 350º, adding water to cassarole if needed.
- Roll dough to form an elongated football shape.
- Fold the ends to the center and press them down, now fold the side to the center and pinch together along the seam.
- Place the loaf seam side down in a 10” loaf pan or on a pizza peel lightly covered with corn meal.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Brush top of loaf with egg mixture and bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until the loaf sounds hallow when thumped.
Notes© A. J. Di Liberti 2005
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More