- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and butter and process to make a crumbly dough. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Bake the crust in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. It should just begin to color.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, cheese, sugars, flour, and baking powder in the food processor and process until smooth. Or blend the ingredients using an electric mixer.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture evenly over the hot baked crust. Sprinkle the almonds on top. Continue baking for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut into bars. OR do what I do and grab a fork and friends! Dig in!
- Makes 20 bars
NotesThese are great for Halloween or anytime you need to de-stress and "bake it out."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More