IZZIE'S CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES AND COFFEE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE: GREY'S ANATOMY
- CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon double acting baking powder
- COFFEE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons of instant coffee
- CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place liners in 2 dozen 3-inch muffin pan cups or grease and flour cups. Into a large bowl, measure all cupcake ingredients except frosting. With mixer at low speed, beat until well mixed, constantly scraping bowl. At high speed, beat 5 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally. Spoon into muffin pan cups, filling each half full. Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick in center of one comes out clean and dry. Cool in pans on wire racks, 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on racks. Prepare frosting. Then tip the tops of cupcakes into frosting and turn slightly to coat or put on with a spatula.
- COFFEE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: In small bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat together the softened cream cheese and evaporated milk. Beat in vanilla, salt, sugar and instant coffee until well blended.
NotesI can't tell you how many hours a day we work because the days simply blend together. I created this second shift pick-me-up combining two of my favorite flavors.. coffee and cupcakes! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have..