- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- • 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- • 1/2 cup butter
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 2 cups sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- • 5 large jalapeno peppers, minced
- • 6 to 8 Thai chilies, minced
- • 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preparation:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a double boiler. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk or beat the eggs with the salt until foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla8 and beat until well blended. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir until just combined. Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until almost blended. Fold in the jalapenos, chiles9, and walnuts10.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake until the top forms a cracked crust and the inside looks slightly moist, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
- Yield: about 12 large brownies
- Nutritional information per serving: 364 calories, 17 grams total fat (7 grams saturated fat), 52 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams protein, 83 milligrams cholesterol, 188 milligrams sodium.
NotesI might change the name, later. I was thinking about making brownies, some time and then, I found this recipe somewhere and thought I'd try it. But I decided that it should be on bakespace for safe keeping, incase I missplace the original, or my cat tears it. Feel free to try it, though. Some times baking and tasty require bravery.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More