- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- • 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- • 1/2 cup butter
- • 4 large eggs
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 2 cups sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- • 5 large jalapeno peppers, minced
- • 6 to 8 Thai chilies, minced
- • 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preparation:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a double boiler. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, whisk or beat the eggs with the salt until foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla8 and beat until well blended. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir until just combined. Add the flour and cocoa powder and mix until almost blended. Fold in the jalapenos, chiles9, and walnuts10.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake until the top forms a cracked crust and the inside looks slightly moist, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.
- Yield: about 12 large brownies
- Nutritional information per serving: 364 calories, 17 grams total fat (7 grams saturated fat), 52 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams protein, 83 milligrams cholesterol, 188 milligrams sodium.
NotesI might change the name, later. I was thinking about making brownies, some time and then, I found this recipe somewhere and thought I'd try it. But I decided that it should be on bakespace for safe keeping, incase I missplace the original, or my cat tears it. Feel free to try it, though. Some times baking and tasty require bravery.