- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup candied cherries, chopped
- Cream butter. Add sugar, creaming well. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch rounds, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at edges.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Spread half of the cookies with jam, and top with remaining cookies.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, almond extract,
- and enough hot water to make a thin icing.
- Frost tops of cookies. Top each with a small piece of candied cherry.
- Store in covered tin.
NotesI like to try a new cookie recipe each Christmas and when I found this on the net I knew it was a "keeper". It is a little more involved than most cookie recipes, but I enjoyed them very much and they looked absolutely beautiful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Gluten-Free and Delicious
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More