- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/4 cup candied cherries, chopped
- Cream butter. Add sugar, creaming well. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 inch rounds, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until very lightly browned at edges.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Spread half of the cookies with jam, and top with remaining cookies.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, almond extract,
- and enough hot water to make a thin icing.
- Frost tops of cookies. Top each with a small piece of candied cherry.
- Store in covered tin.
NotesI like to try a new cookie recipe each Christmas and when I found this on the net I knew it was a "keeper". It is a little more involved than most cookie recipes, but I enjoyed them very much and they looked absolutely beautiful.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More