- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 30g butter, plus a little extra for spreading
- 6 large free-range or organic eggs
- 2 slices sourdough or crusty white bread, griddled or toasted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a moderate heat until it’s foaming.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add to the saucepan.
- Stir the eggs continuously with something flexible like a spatula to get right into the corners, and cook until little pieces of cooked egg are surrounded by soft, smooth and still quite runny egg.
- The egg will continue to cook even when the heat is turned off, so undercook them slightly and leave them in the pan while you butter your toast.
- Season the eggs to taste and pour over the toast.
- Drape the salmon over the eggs and serve it with the lemon wedges.
- Add plenty of black pepper and serve immediately.
NotesI DIND'T REALLY CARE FOR SALMON UNTIL I TRIED IT SMOKED-AND THIS RECIPE FROM JAMIE OLIVER IS ONE THAT IS GOOD BY ME.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce