- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sliced almonds
- 1 cup (1/2 pound) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease 15 x 10 inch cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Beat egg white slightly. Brush on bars.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
NotesThere are many versions of this historic Dutch bar cookie. Some use walnuts or pecans instead of almonds. I have made this recipe for years.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Delightful DessertsSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More