- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- sliced almonds
- 1 cup (1/2 pound) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease 15 x 10 inch cookie sheet.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Beat egg white slightly. Brush on bars.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
NotesThere are many versions of this historic Dutch bar cookie. Some use walnuts or pecans instead of almonds. I have made this recipe for years.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More