- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI make my own jerky in a very old dehydrator. My son in Toronto wants me to bring him some every time I got there. The meat manager at one of our supermarkets said if I kept him supplied he would sell it for me. He liked it that much.
- 1-1/2 lbs meat (I always increase the recipe to do 8 pounds at a batch)
- 2 TBSP. liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/3 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Mix all ingredients together, except the meat.
- Don't overlap the meat.
- Let meat marinate in sauce for 12 hours or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Dry in dehydrater until it cracks when bent but doesn't break.