- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis another family favorite. It's one of my sister's recipes and we make it a lot for the holidays and for family cook-outs. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lg. can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 med. can chunk pineapple, drained
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 1/2 oz. vanilla or coconut pudding (cook kind)
- 3 bananas
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries(opt.)
- 1/2 jar maraschino cherries
- Drain all canned fruit, SAVING juices for the pudding. Place fruit in a large bowl and cook pudding according to the pkg. directions: except using the fruit juices instead of milk. If you DON'T have quite 2 cups, add orange juice to make 2 cups. Cook until thick. COOL COMPLETELY, then add it to the fruit. Chill 4 hours or overnite. This is really good served on top of pound cake.