- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2/3 cup canned pears in heavy syrup, (from a 15-ounce can)*
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons) premium gin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Iced orange wheel slices, for garnish
- Equipment: Blender
- Do ahead: In a blender, purée entire can of pears. Pour purée into separate bowl/pitcher and set aside. Rinse blender bowl and return to base. To make two cocktail drinks: Pour juice of 2 oranges into blender. Add 2/3 cup pear purée, gin and sugar.
- Fill a 14-ounce glass with ice. Pour ice into blender and repeat, adding another glass of ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into cocktail glasses. Garnish with orange wheels. Serving glass: 14-ounce cocktail glass (daiquiri/poco grande)
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories per drink: 280 (based on 80-proof gin)**
- *Note: One 15-ounce can of pears in heavy syrup makes 6 drinks.
- **Note: Higher-proof gin contributes more calories.
NotesThis frozen drink is a great marriage of two flavors that naturally complement one another.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce