- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine or minced
- 2 small cans chopped green chilis
- 1/2 can Carnation cream
- 2 cups OLD ENGLISH CHEESE, Use NO substitute
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, drained
- Saute onions and garlic in small amount of oil(I use butter or olive oil)until tender and yellow. Add chilis, cream, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Stir and bring to a boil then turn down heat to low.
- Stir to prevent scorching.
- Keep warm and serve with tortilla chips OR this is wonderful served over toast!
- Flavor improves with reheating.
NotesOK all you Oueso lovers out there, here's a great one that does not use Velveeta. This isn't even in the same league as Velveeta Queso! My aunt's husband guarded this recipe as his secret for years. He made it every time they entertained and always got many requests for it. I asked numerous times for the recipe, to which he would always say "It's a secret!" Finally, right before my husband and I got married in April of 1974, he gave me the recipe as one of our wedding gifts. I was very fond of him and he of me and over the years I never shared the recipe respecting his "secret". Finally, several years after his death, my aunt received so many requests for it that she decided it was just too good and too much of a wonderful part of him not to share with others. So now, I am so proud to share this recipe every chance I get. It is one of those recipes that just gets better and better each time it is reheated, that is, if you have any left over. I usually double the recipe so I can use the whole can of cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More