- Cooking Time: 1 hour to ~4 hours (MAX)
- Servings: 2+
- Preparation Time: ~20
BackstoryLast Year I got hooked on Jack Daniel's. I know I shouldn't allow myself to but I did and conservatively I blame on Pixies/Gremlins (Depends how I'm feeling). One night I was making dinner for myself and a friend from my dorm. I had decided on Chilli Con Carne and I was going to try it with Chicken in it... I figured it would work much like a curry in that the chicken would cook through in the sauce.
Since I had been drinking already for a few hours I figured it would be a good idea to add a bit of what I was drinking into the dish... In went the bourbon.
I figured it was a success when flatmate's noses started to appear in the corridor followed by the rest of their bodies...
- Con Carne
- 500g - 1kg Chilli Con Carne Sauce (Depending on desired portion sizes and heat)
- 2 X 3 tbsp+ Worchester Sauce
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts (Personal Preference: Try Diced (See Serving Suggestion))
- 2 X 75 ml - 100ml + Jack Daniels Old No. 9 (Whiskey)
- Sides - Personal Choice
- Tried and Tested - Chips, Naan Bread, Pitta Bread, Rice, Nothing
- Pre-heat your oven to around 150 degrees C.
- Using either a Deep baking dish or a HR (Oven Proof/Casserole Dish) spread in some of the Con Carne Sauce.
- Lay the Chicken on top of it.
- Spread the rest of the sauce over the top of the chicken covering it completely and evenly. Sprinkle the Worchester Sauce over evenly and then also the Whiskey.
- Cover in foil or place the lid and put in the oven for 45 minutes or more.
- Note: The longer it is in the oven, the softer the chicken will be and the richer the sauce. Do Not now, drink all the whiskey.. You will need it later, so have One Glass if that floats your boat.
- After around 45 minutes to an hour bring it out of the oven, open the foil/lid and reapply the Worchester Sauce and whiskey. Place back in the oven.
- I would recommend doing repeating this stage once every hour and a half the dish is in the oven as required.
- When your satisfied remove from the oven and serve.
- Note: Do Not remove any earlier than 1 hour after your start time.
- Serving Suggestion:
- Try Dicing the chicken and placing inside a Pitta Bread... It allows you to make the dish stretch further if you suddenly you have unexpected dinner guests. For the presentation conscience it can also make life easier.