- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half−and−half
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Bring cream and half−and−half to simmer in heavy large saucepan. Add sugar and cocoa and stir until
- sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Gradually whisk 1/2 cup
- chocolate mixture into eggs. Return to saucepan. Stir over medium−low heat until mixture thickens
- and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain into bowl set over larger bowl filled with ice. Cool completely, stirring often.
- Stir whiskey into custard. Transfer custard to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's
- instructions. Freeze in covered container several hours to mellow flavors. If frozen solid, allow to soften
- before serving.
Notesmore unusual flavors from ice cream delights
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Italian Exchange
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More