- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half−and−half
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Bring cream and half−and−half to simmer in heavy large saucepan. Add sugar and cocoa and stir until
- sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until smooth. Gradually whisk 1/2 cup
- chocolate mixture into eggs. Return to saucepan. Stir over medium−low heat until mixture thickens
- and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain into bowl set over larger bowl filled with ice. Cool completely, stirring often.
- Stir whiskey into custard. Transfer custard to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's
- instructions. Freeze in covered container several hours to mellow flavors. If frozen solid, allow to soften
- before serving.
Notesmore unusual flavors from ice cream delights
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More