- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bulb garlic clove
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Pineapple In Its Own Juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 lb ground sirloin divided by 4 (4 oz each)
- light hamburger buns
- light swiss cheese
- (1/2 slice each of alpine lace)
- hamburger dills
- red onions slices thin
- Cut about 1/2-inch off of top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, spray with cooking oil spray, and cover with a lid or foil. Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 hour. Remove garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out. Measure 2 teaspoons into the saucepan and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over.
- Makes 1 cup of sauce. Divided into 4 servings.
- Throw burgers on the grill & sprinkle with salt, pepper & garlic powder
- 8 PTS
NotesThis tastes just like the Jack Daniels Burger they serve at TGI FRIDAYS!! Had it last night. It was to die for!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More