- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 C pineapple preserves
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 pretzel rod, broken in half
- Dark rye bread
- Red pepper
- Black olives, sliced
- Assorted crackers
- Beat the cheese, pumpkin, preserves and spices in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for two to three hours, or until cheese is firm enough to shape.
- Then shape the mixture into a round pumpkin; place on a serving plate.
- Using a table knife, score vertical lines down the sides of the pumpkin (starting from the top center and drawing in a triangle shape).
- Place the pretzel rod in top for the stem.
- Cut the rye bread into triangles for the eyes; cut sliced black olives in half again to use for the mouth, and cut the red pepper in small triangles for the nose (as seen in the image above).
- Cover loosely and chill until serving time. Present and serve with crackers.