- Cooking Time: 18 to 22
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Orange paste food coloring
- Green and black decorating gel
- Candy corn and milk chocolate M&M's, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture.
- Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around edge of pan.
- Invert brownies onto a work surface and remove waxed paper.
- Cut brownies with a 3-in. pumpkin cookie cutter, leaving at least 1/8 in. between each shape. (Discard scraps or save for another use.)
- Tint frosting with orange food coloring; frost brownies.
- Use green gel to create the pumpkin stems and black gel and candy corn and M&M's if desired to decorate the faces.