- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 bags M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween
- 1 bag TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bars Minis
- 1 18.25-oz. box Devil’s food cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cans vanilla frosting
- Orange food coloring
- 3 12-cup cupcake pans
- 26 paper cupcake liners
- 1 18-inch cake circle, firm cardboard or platter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake cups with the paper cupcake liners.
- Beat the cake mix with the eggs, buttermilk and oil until blended. Roughly chop 2 cups (approximately 18) unwrapped TWIX® Brand Caramel Cookie Bars Minis and fold them into the batter. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Tint the vanilla frosting with the orange food coloring. Line the cupcakes snuggly into a large pumpkin shape on the cake circle or platter. Follow this pattern—one row of 4 cupcakes, one row of 5, one row of 6, another of 5, another of 4. This leaves 2 cupcakes to be placed at the pumpkin’s top for a stem (use the photo as a guide).
- Spread orange frosting over the cupcakes, covering them completely so they look like one big cake. Use black M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween to outline the pumpkin, and to make the eyes, mouth and nose. Fill in any remaining area of the pumpkin with orange M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween.
- Tip:There are several ways to get similar results. You can frost each cupcake individually with orange icing. Place the cupcakes in a pumpkin shape and then use black M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween to create jack-o-lantern facial features. You can randomly add orange M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween
- Finally, you can always use the top of any round cake layer cake as the pumpkin. Frost both the sides and top of the cake. Arrange black M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween to highlight the jack-o-lantern facial features, and then arrange orange M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween randomly over the rest of the cake to complete the face
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
My Family CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More