- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 1 large onion chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery chopped fine (optional)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 large can tomatoes cut small
- salt, pepper and garlic to taste
- 2 cups water
- Brown hamburger, onion and seasonings.
- Drain grease and add tomato paste and tomatoes. Add 2 cups water and bring to boil.
- Boil 10 minutes...Simmer 4 to 6 hours.
- Add rolled oats or corn startch to thicken before serving on buns.
NotesI got this recipe from the local school cook 40 years ago. People would stop by the school on "Jack Spratt" day just to sample Mable's famous sandwich. You can put these in the crockpot and simmer on low. Serves 10 and are so simple to make
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Fun appetizers and snacks
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More