JACOB L’S “THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER” MODIFIED FROM ADD A PINCH ONLINE COOK BOOK
- Cooking Time: 30-35 min
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 450 ml all-purpose flour - homogeneous
- 450 ml sugar - element
- 118 ml cocoa- homogeneous
- 10 ml baking powder- homogeneous
- 7.5 ml baking soda- element
- 5 ml salt- element
- 5 ml espresso powder- homogeneous
- 225ml milk- homogeneous
- 118 ml vegetable oil- heterogeneous
- 2 eggs- heterogeneous
- 10 ml vanilla extract- homogenous
- 225 ml boiling water- pure substance
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring.
- For the cake:
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
- Frost cake with Chocolate Frosting
NotesI discovered this recipe for science class where we have to do a presentation on chemical and physical changes so I googled best chocolate cake recipes and after about 20 seconds of searching I had found one and now here we are.
Submitted by: "Jacob L"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce