- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless pork cutlets about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons of Vegeta soup base or any chicken soup base
- pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the 4 pork cutlets with the onions until the meat is brown and the onions are soft. Now add one of the two cups of beef broth and soup base let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and keep simmering for 10 more minutes. Add the second cup of beef broth and begin adding the flour to thicken the sauce. You may need a bit more than the mentioned 2 teaspoons- use your discretion to get a good hearty thickness. You may want to use a small strainer or mix the flour in a glass with water first so it won't clump(could also substitute corn starch for flour if you prefer).
- Add the heavy cream. Let the pork cook for a few minutes longer and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of mashed potatoes, noodles or spaetzle.
NotesOne of my favourite German treats. We're lucky enough to have 6 German halls here and can get this any day but for a few thousand Oktoberfest visitors this week will be their chance.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More