- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, in small pieces
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped canned jalapeno peppers*
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese or finely shredded Mexican blend of cheeses
- Use undrained chopped jalapenos from a small 4-ounce can, but alternatively, you could use mild chopped chile peppers from the can or chop canned jalapeno rings for nachos.
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine pan according to your bread machine manufacturer's suggested order.
- Select white or basic with a light or medium crust.
- Use fewer jalapenos or mild chile peppers for a milder bread.
- Makes a 2-pound loaf.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Taste of CenturyLink
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More