- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. corn oil
- 1 c. sour cream
- kernel from 2 ears of corn or canned corn
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 heaping tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 - 5 jalapeno peppers, chopped to taste
- 1 med. onion, chopped fine
- 3 oz. Sharp Cheddar cheese, diced
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees to bake bread. Pour batter into greased heated pan (cast iron skillet works the best).
- Bake until light golden brown on top. approx 30-40 mins
NotesFound the recipe on Cooks.com, made a few simple changes according to my taste and preference. Very moist!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More