- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. corn oil
- 1 c. sour cream
- kernel from 2 ears of corn or canned corn
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 heaping tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 - 5 jalapeno peppers, chopped to taste
- 1 med. onion, chopped fine
- 3 oz. Sharp Cheddar cheese, diced
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees to bake bread. Pour batter into greased heated pan (cast iron skillet works the best).
- Bake until light golden brown on top. approx 30-40 mins
NotesFound the recipe on Cooks.com, made a few simple changes according to my taste and preference. Very moist!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More