- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon bacon bits
- 12 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 quarts oil for frying
- Wearing Plastic Gloves, cut the stems off the end of the peppers. With a paring knife, carefully remove the seeds and the white membrane from the inside of the peppers, leaving them whole. Stuff the peppers with the Cheese Whiz. Using a lemon zester, score the sides of the peppers, this will help them hold the breading.
- Crack the three eggs into a small bowl and beat until thoroughly mixed. Place the Italian Bread Crumbs in a second bowl. Place approximately 4 stuffed peppers into the egg wash, coating them completely. Remove them and immediately place them in the Italian Bread Crumbs and coat them completely. Place the breaded peppers on a plate and refrigerator for approximately 1 hour. Follow these same procedures and put a second coating of breading on the peppers and again refrigerate them for 1 hour.
- Heat the Vegetable Oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees, or in a large pot again until the temperature is 375 degrees.
- Using a slotted spoon, slip 5 to 6 peppers at a time into the hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drawn all the excess oil.
- Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a recipe I made by taking the best of three or four popper recipes and combining them to make something that tastes wonderful. A frequent request at my house, and at others. I usually make 100 and put them in the fridge. They don't last long. Adjust the amount of bacon bits and type of shredded cheese to taste. Increase the recipe as necessary! Lots of tests helps to best figure out the way you like it. Be sure to wear rubber gloves while seeding the jalapenos -- they will burn.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More