- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25
- 12 jalapeno peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, tops and seeds removed
- 8 ounces Tofutti
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Fill the jalapeno peppers with the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese.
- Put the soy milk and the flour into two separate bowls.
- Dip the stuffed jalapenos into the soy milk and then into the flour, making sure that they are well-coated. Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos into the soy milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry then repeat the process to ensure that the entire surface of each jalapeo is coated.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil. Deep fry the jalapenos for about 3 minutes or until golden brown then transfer them to paper towels to drain.
NotesThis is Vegan Jalapeno Poppers.I blanched the jalapenos first (dunked in near boiling water for 3 mins, then dip in ice cold water for a few seconds.)Remember to wear gloves when handling hot peppers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More