- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 29
BackstoryHere in Tennessee this is call "PIG EGGS" Once again, please use gloves to handle the peppers.
- 10 fresh green and/or red jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 pieces crisp fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes. When removing the stem, be sure to leave the tops intact as to form a bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together cheddar cheese, cream cheese, bacon and Italian seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Spoon some of the cheese mixture into each pepper half, slightly rounding it.
- Beat together the egg and the milk in a small bowl. Dip each pepper into the flour, then roll in the bread crumbs. Shake off crumbs, them repeat process once more. Place pepper halves, filled side up on a large baking sheet covered with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 30 minutes or until tender and heated through.