- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 29
- 10 fresh green and/or red jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 pieces crisp fried bacon, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup flour for dredging
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes. When removing the stem, be sure to leave the tops intact as to form a bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together cheddar cheese, cream cheese, bacon and Italian seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Spoon some of the cheese mixture into each pepper half, slightly rounding it.
- Beat together the egg and the milk in a small bowl. Dip each pepper into the flour, then roll in the bread crumbs. Shake off crumbs, them repeat process once more. Place pepper halves, filled side up on a large baking sheet covered with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 30 minutes or until tender and heated through.
NotesHere in Tennessee this is call "PIG EGGS" Once again, please use gloves to handle the peppers.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Chicken and onion kabobs
Easy Sunday Pot Roast
Shrimp Nachos with Avocado-Corn RelishSee More