- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThese are called Cottage Canoes. A warm, but good.
- 12-15 fresh jalapenos
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 green onion finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk fine chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, jack, etc.
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut jalapenos in half and take out some of the seeds. leave some for the warm taste, use gloves. Mix the mayonaise, onion, green onion, celery and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff jalapenos with above mixture, place on cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll jalapenos in eggs, then in crumbs and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.