- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. Whipping Cream
- 1 c. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Chicken Base
- 2 T. Clarified Butter
- 1 T. Flour
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 T. juice from bottled jalapenos
- 2 oz. Shredded cheese - mexi-mix
- Heat whipping cream in a heavy saucepan over high heat. When the cream is ready to boil, stir in sour cream. After sour cream dissolves, reduce heat to medium. Stir in chicken base and jalapeno juice and simmer.
- While cream is heating: Make a roux by warming butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding flour, and mixing with a wire whip until mixture starts to turn pale gold.
- Just before cream mixture is ready to boil again, add roux, whisking briskly and constantly until roux is incorporated. Remove from heat; stir in minced jalapeno and the cheese.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
- Miguel's served it with tortillas chips but I think it would be equally yummy with bread cubes, similar to how artichoke dip is served.
NotesMy family and I had dinner at Miguel's Cocina in San Diego with my sister and her husband. The put this "dip" on the table and I couldn't get enough. When I asked what was in it the waiter brought over a recipe card....I LOVE places like that! Miguel's is in the same family of restaurants as Brigantine (if you are familiar with the area).
Miguel's served it with tortillas chips but I think it would be equally yummy with bread cubes, similar to how artichoke dip is served.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More