- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 refrigerated unbaked piecrusts
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 4-ounce package shredded mexican cheese cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- Let piecrust stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook bacon till crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs and milk. Stir in cheese, onions, pepper and bacon. Place piecrust in a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges high.
- Line crust with a layer of heavy-duty foil. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 5 minutes. Carefully remove foil from piecrust and bake about 5 minutes more or till piecrust is nearly done.
- Remove piecrust from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Pour egg mixture into hot piecrust. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More