- Cooking Time:
- Servings: six
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces breadcrumbs
- 8 ripe bananas
- 1 quart low fat milk
- 2 limes
- 6 eggs
- 10 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Remove threats from bananas and crush.
- Add 4 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and juice of the lime.
- Place in a buttered baking dish and cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Beat eggs, add rest of sugar and continue beating.
- Heat milk and add the beaten eggs. Pour over banana mixture.
- Add nutmeg and bake in a 350ºF oven for 35 minutes or until custard is golden.
NotesThis recipe comes from a delightful cookbook which is a collection of recipes from Jamaican grandmothers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More