- Cooking Time:
- Servings: six
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces breadcrumbs
- 8 ripe bananas
- 1 quart low fat milk
- 2 limes
- 6 eggs
- 10 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Remove threats from bananas and crush.
- Add 4 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and juice of the lime.
- Place in a buttered baking dish and cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Beat eggs, add rest of sugar and continue beating.
- Heat milk and add the beaten eggs. Pour over banana mixture.
- Add nutmeg and bake in a 350ºF oven for 35 minutes or until custard is golden.
NotesThis recipe comes from a delightful cookbook which is a collection of recipes from Jamaican grandmothers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More