- Cooking Time:
- Servings: six
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces breadcrumbs
- 8 ripe bananas
- 1 quart low fat milk
- 2 limes
- 6 eggs
- 10 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Remove threats from bananas and crush.
- Add 4 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and juice of the lime.
- Place in a buttered baking dish and cover with the breadcrumbs.
- Beat eggs, add rest of sugar and continue beating.
- Heat milk and add the beaten eggs. Pour over banana mixture.
- Add nutmeg and bake in a 350ºF oven for 35 minutes or until custard is golden.
NotesThis recipe comes from a delightful cookbook which is a collection of recipes from Jamaican grandmothers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Recipes for Vitality
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More