- Cooking Time: 135 minutes
- Servings: six
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds goat mutton or lamb, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 large onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 cups stock
- 2 Tablespoons wine vinegar
- ½ Tablespon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Brown meat quickly in oil. Remove, then cook onions in oil until soft.
- Stir in curry powder and allspice.
- Cook stirring, for a few minutes, then stir in stock, vinegar, salt and cayenne.
- Return meat to pan and simmer slowely for 2 hours.
- Add bayleaf about 30 minutes before the end.
- Just before serving stir in hot pepper sauce.
- Serve over warm rice.
NotesYou could say that Curried Goat is the national dish of Jamaica. If goat is hard to find in your area, use lamb.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More