JAMAICAN CURRIED GOAT
- Cooking Time: 135 minutes
- Servings: six
- 4 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds goat mutton or lamb, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 large onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 cups stock
- 2 Tablespoons wine vinegar
- ½ Tablespon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 bayleaf
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
Brown meat quickly in oil. Remove, then cook onions in oil until soft.
Stir in curry powder and allspice.
Cook stirring, for a few minutes, then stir in stock, vinegar, salt and cayenne.
Return meat to pan and simmer slowely for 2 hours.
Add bayleaf about 30 minutes before the end.
Just before serving stir in hot pepper sauce.
Serve over warm rice.