JAMAICAN FRUIT SALSA
Jamaican Fruit Salsa
- Servings: 6-8
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3 Tbsp coconut-flavored rum
- 1/3 cup rumrunner mix
- 1/2 (10 oz.) package frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (1/2 pint), divided
- 2 bananas, divided
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup blueberries (1/2 pint)
- 1 cup blackberries (1/2 pint)
1. Combine the rums, rumrunner mix, thawed strawberries, and pineapple juice in a bowl.
2. Mix 1/2 cup strawberries and 1 banana in the blender. Add to the rum mixture.
3. Cut the remaining strawberries in half and chop the remaining banana. Add to the rum mixture along with the pineapple, blueberries, and blackberries; mix well.
4. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week. Serve over shortcake or pound cake.
Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.