- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless breast halves (1.5 lbs)
- 4 tsp. liquid chili seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dried jerk spice blend
- salt to taste
- Soak skewers in water at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Mix chili seasoning, olive oil, soy sauce and spice blend in a large Ziploc bag.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" wide strips, approximately 4" long.
- Add to marinade in bag.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, dividing evenly.
- Lay skewers on rack in 10" x 15" pan and broil 3-4 inches from heat, turning once OR grill skewers on preheated gas BBQ grill.
- Add salt to taste
NotesI make this recipe anytime I have a large party and it is always a big hit. I got the recipe from a tabloid magazine years ago, and it was originally credited as "Hot Stix" taken from the Sunset Recipe Annual 1997 Edition. I always marinade the chicken overnight and then grill the skewers on our outdoor grill. They only take a few minutes to cook through, turning once.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More