- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless breast halves (1.5 lbs)
- 4 tsp. liquid chili seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dried jerk spice blend
- salt to taste
- Soak skewers in water at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Mix chili seasoning, olive oil, soy sauce and spice blend in a large Ziploc bag.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" wide strips, approximately 4" long.
- Add to marinade in bag.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, dividing evenly.
- Lay skewers on rack in 10" x 15" pan and broil 3-4 inches from heat, turning once OR grill skewers on preheated gas BBQ grill.
- Add salt to taste
NotesI make this recipe anytime I have a large party and it is always a big hit. I got the recipe from a tabloid magazine years ago, and it was originally credited as "Hot Stix" taken from the Sunset Recipe Annual 1997 Edition. I always marinade the chicken overnight and then grill the skewers on our outdoor grill. They only take a few minutes to cook through, turning once.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More