- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 ounces chicken diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (see below)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces Andouille Sausage sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and creole seasoning. Coat each item thoroughly.
In a large 6 qt. saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery for approximately 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
Add garlic, tomatos, bay leaves, worchestershire sauce and hot sauce.
Stir in rice and slowly add broth.
Reduce heat to medium and cook till rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occassionally, about 15 minutes.
When rice is tender add shrimp, chicken and sausage.
Cook until meat is done, about 10 more minutes.
Season to taste with salt, pepper and creole seasoning.