- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 ounces chicken diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (see below)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces Andouille Sausage sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and creole seasoning. Coat each item thoroughly.
- In a large 6 qt. saucepan heat oil over high heat with onion, pepper and celery for approximately 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, tomatos, bay leaves, worchestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Stir in rice and slowly add broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook till rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occassionally, about 15 minutes.
- When rice is tender add shrimp, chicken and sausage.
- Cook until meat is done, about 10 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and creole seasoning.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More