- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Andouille sausage
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 3 bell peppers, diced (I like to use a green, a red, and a yellow but you can use all green or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco/hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken and sausage with the Cajun seasoning.
- Add to hot oil and cook until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, keeping remaining oil in pan.
- In the same pan, saute onions, celery and bell peppers for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute additional 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, spices/seasonings, chicken and andouille.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- You can simmer for longer, if you want to bring out the flavor more.
- Stir in chicken broth and rice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More