- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- one (1) deli-roasted whole chicken
- one (1) pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- one (1) medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- one (1) small onion, chopped
- two (2) 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- one (1) 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- one (1) cup water
- one (1) tsp. garlic powder
- one (1) tsp. Cajun seasoning (I recommend Tony Chachere's)
- two (2) cups uncooked long-grain rice
- Remove chicken from bones; cut chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, 1 cup water, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a
- boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and rice.
- Cover, reduce heat, simmer 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
NotesSubmitted by the lovely MacKenzie Cockerill. She says this "extraordinary Cajun comfort food puts meat on your ribs and happy in your heart."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More