- Cooking Time: 55 (inc rice cook time)
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 medium shrimp
- 2 oz chicken, diced
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz ham or smoked sausage
- 1 tbsp onion, diced
- 3 tbsp bell pepper, diced and seeded
- 2 tbsp celery, diced
- 2 oz white wine
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 oz chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp scallions, sliced
- 1 tpsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup saffron rice
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over high heat.
- Sauté ham or sausage, onions, peppers and celery for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and shrimp.
- Add white wine and continue cooking until proteins are completely cooked.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Let reduce slightly.
- Add scallions and parsley.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over saffron rice.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More