- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 C sugar
- 1 large can Pet (evaporated) milk - fat free is okay
- stick of butter
- pint of marshmallow cream
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 C chopped nuts
- Melt butter in large heavy pan, add sugar and milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until forms a soft ball (on candy thermometer)
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Stir well until chocolate is melted.
- Add marshmallow cream and stir until well mixed.
- Add nuts.
- Pour into pan and cool.
- High Altitude modifications: lower temperature of soft ball by one degree for every 500 feet above sea level.
NotesMy in-laws fudge Amazing. I've wanted to learn how to make it for years and finally made it this year.